Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekend Alone

DSH is off to Reno with a friend so I have the house to myself for the weekend! The old TV in the kitchen was sent off to the garage until we find a recycling center that wants it. I removed the garage pvc storage shelf it was sitting on and put that in the garage also. All the junk on the shelves got relocated and we now have a cleared out section in the breakfast nook. I cleaned the dirt and dog hair off the floor under that was under the shelving unit and moved the dogs water and food bowls over there. That got them out from underfoot in the kitchen. AHHH, it is looking better already.

I also went shopping for DSH's birthday and Christmas gifts. His birthday is December 15th. This year we are having his birthday party at his favorite restaurant: Claim Jumper. All four girls will be there along with their husbands/boyfriends. We are celebrating with them on the 13th then having a big open house/Christmas party on the 14th then on his real day we are taking his 90 year old mother out to dinner with us. She is in a skilled nursing facility and doesn't get out unless we take her.

So easy to get sidetracked! Back to my fun weekend activities. I bought a master remote for the TV/stereo system (a lot more $$$ than I thought it would be!), an ipod, a popcorn popper, popcorn for the popper, and a blender ( he wants to blend things). I also took a picture that his mother has that is of her as a baby (the photo is 90 years old!) sitting with her parents and had it blown up to an 8 x 10. I dropped it off at the framers and picked out frame material, mats and glass. Did you know you can get museum glass? It is the best so I got it since the photo is old and important and will be in the living room. That all cost a pretty penny too. I am going all out this year since he always gets jipped (sp?) on his birthday (a major sore point in his life). I guess I'm doing my part to help the economy!

I had to take his mother to the doctor so I picked her up from the nursing home, had her doctor visit, took her back home then went grocery shopping. It takes at least three hours to run her to the doctor. It is very emotionally and physically draining for me because she is a big girl and has major mobility issues. Getting her in and out of the car take a long time and is hard.

Tonight I ran the dogs at the school. Clarification: they ran I walked. They can be off leash there and they love it. After everyone had dinner, I took all the light fixture globes down and washed them. All the fan blades got wiped down. EEWWWW dirty. I vacuumed and now I get to reward myself with blogging! Plus, DSH isn't here to feel ignored. He called and is having a great time. He doesn't have much guy time so I'm glad he got to go.

Good night, sleep well. May God watch over you and protect you.

No comments: