Saturday, January 9, 2010

Monkey Brains

Last week we had Monkey Brains for dinner.  Oh, not real monkey brains.  Stuffed cabbage covered with spicy tomato paste that my girls nic-named Monkey Brains.  I really like them, SD really likes them and DSH doesn't really care for them at all.  It reminds him of the days of his youth when his mother would stretch one pound of hamburger for a whole week for a family of four.  And he was a growing boy (he's now 6'3" and over 200 lbs).  I made 8 large stuffed cabbage leaves.  I had planned on getting two meals out of the deal.  Good old leftovers, ya know?  What my DSH calls "old food".  The three of us are sitting around the table, some of us are enjoying our meal, and I ask, "Would anyone like more?".  DSH, who had already eaten his (in my mind) allotted portion of two, said, "I'll take another one".  "But, you don't like these, why do you want another one?" I asked.  He said, "I don't want these coming back as old food so I want to eat them up now!  He ruined my plans for leftovers but we all had a good laugh!  And he didn't have to eat them again.  Well, that doesn't look too appetizing, now does it???  But, it was quite tasty!


Well!  I was going to do spell check and it is gone!  SD upgraded my blog and now I have to know how to spell?!?!  Oh, dear!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

No, I don't know where your spell check function is... but I think it might be worth it for the new ability and flexibility with pictures. What we will have to do is set the computer up to spell check rather than the program.

I just think it is funny the DSH (or dad)makes a big show that he doesn't like the food yet he still eats seconds. Can't be that bad.

I still think Hot Spinach Salad goes very nicely with Monkey Brains.

Armbruster Asylum said...

DSH's comment made me laugh out loud. Mom ... that pic makes it look so NASTY! haha

Brenda said...

I agree, horrible food photo!!!!