Sunday, July 18, 2010

One More

Thank you all for your nice comments.  Here is another project:

Here is a close up of my very first invisible zipper.  I was very happy with how it turned out.  This blouse had lots of problems.  It gaped a the neck so I put five pin tucks in which helped a lot.  It was supposed to have sleeves but I felt like I was in a straight jacket with the sleeves in so I took them out and cut them into bias strips and then bound the armholes with the strips.  That was the first time I had ever made bias strips.  That turned out pretty well.  I love the fabric.  It has tiny little flowers and vines that really do match the maroon skirt.  I think I over fit the top.  It doesn't really wear well.  The skirt is 100% polyester and feels very soft but doesn't hang or drape well so I'm not too thrilled with the whole project.  I learned a lot and the blouse fabric was only $2.50!  I got the end of the bolt.

It is funny what you see in pictures that you can't see in a mirror.  So many pull lines at the waist.  Sigh.


Catherine said...

I admire you taking on projects that pose a challenge. I think it all looks wonderful. The zipper is great. I haven`t done one of those in years. Good job.

Armbruster Asylum said...

I like the fabric of the shirt. That is pretty!