Friday, July 30, 2010

One of the "Fun" medical procedures

Today was my first colonoscopy.  Procedure:  not horrible, prep:  kind of horrible.  I didn't like the  not eating part.  By 5:00pm Thursday I was feeling very nauseated.  I ate jello (not red)  then I had to start drinking my eight glasses of "juice".  That wasn't as bad as it sounds.  It actually made me not feel hungry.  The last glass was hard to get down though.  No one needs any of the rest of the details.  Let's just say I got lots of hand sewing done in the bathroom (I know, that just sounds wrong!).  But, all is over, I've eaten (Thank you, Lord, for food!) and there were no finding of concern.  I don't have to do it again for 10 years.  Yay!  Now I am just resting.
I would much rather be at Happy Hollow Park riding the merry-go-round!

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy to hear your results were good. I agree the worst part is "before".

Beangirl said...

Had to laugh at the "not red" jello part... my dad is a GI and once had a kid brought in from some school because he had "blood" in his stool. Everyone was freaked until it was determined that it had been Red Jello Day in the caffeteria. Yay. (And if it makes you feel better, almost no one actually finishes all 8 glasses, so you are defintely a trooper. Be proud.)

Judy said...

glad to hear all was ok...i've dodged that procedure for years...and plan to continue dodging it.