Sunday, April 19, 2009

Garden

It is a hot day here in Northern California. I decided it was time to plant my garden. DSH went to Orchard Supply Hardware with me and we got some compost, vegetable plants, light bulbs and two cute little chairs for the granddaughters. We ate a late lunch and then I churned up the soil, removed the new weeds that had sprung up since the last major weeding event, dumped out the dark compost and played in the dirt. I placed my little plants in their intended spot then dug a hole to make them comfy in their new home. I planted various types of tomatoes, cantaloupe, Japanese cucumber, bell pepper, artichokes and zucchini. I know I will have too many tomatoes but that is ok. We will share.

I had to clean up the mess I made (I hate that part) and then everybody, including me, got a big drink. The plants got Miracle Grow in their water and I got tea with sugar in my water!

What a beautiful day. A blessing from the Lord.

No comments: