Saturday, May 16, 2009

Failure

Today has been a full and exciting day and it's only 1:25pm! The neighborhood had it's yearly garage sale where any house in the neighborhood that wants to participate can, for a $5.00 fee. Each house hosts their own garage sale, takes the profits then puts anything that doesn't sell on the curb for the neighborhood truck to collect and take to charity. The $5.00 fee covers advertising and leftover/junk pickup. We did not participate but our next door neighbor did. Their two little girls are about a year or so older than our granddaughters so we went over to buy old toys. We have nothing to play with at our house. We found a cute scooter made for tykes, copying the popular "razors". We asked how much, they said for us, free. What a deal!

We chatted awhile and as we were leaving a couple arrived to shop. As they were walking away from their car, the husband (presumably) said, "Honey, Booger Pie, we have an awful lot of stuff already........" We didn't hear Booger Pie's response but his comment was said very sweetly as if that was a traditional endearment.

I have now been called "Honey, Booger Pie" about ten times this morning and we laugh hysterically every time!

On the the failure of the day. I clean teeth for a living. I have an ultrasonic scaler at home that was given to me by my boss when he purchased a new one. I have a 4 year old English Setter with filthy, disgusting, tartar covered teeth, not to mention breath that can kill. We have had his teeth cleaned by the vet once and it cost about $500.00. I had a fit when I saw the bill and decided I can do this myself at home. I am a trained professional. I discussed it with the vet, she prescribed a sedative and two weeks ago we gave him one pill. We saw no change. We gave him another pill, no change. We tried to clean his teeth and he would have none of it. Today we tried a different medication. He was staggering around like a drunken sailor. We got him up on our makeshift operating table, my DSH held him down and I started to go at it. As soon as I was two millimeters from his teeth his hind leg came up and scraped down DSH's arm. Dog legs were flailing, ultrasonic was squirting, DSH was exclaiming and absolutely no tartar was removed from stinky dogs teeth. Sigh. I have to pay $500.00 to get his teeth cleaned.

Now we have a drunk dog staggering around wondering why his mom slipped him a "Micky".

I did get DSH's hair cut and mine bleached (Loreal Natural Blond 9 1/2). The lawns all got watered and dishes got washed so it wasn't really a total failure of a day!

We now a big dinner out with my sister and her husband to look forward to. I hope the dogs is sober by the time we leave!

Bye for now Honey Booger Pie!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Great post. We have to have our old Lab`s teeth cleaned, tarter and bad breath are problems. I hate that $500.00 cost too.

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can hardly wait for my husband to get home from his trip on Monday so I can start calling him Honey Booger Pie--ain't love wonderful?!