Friday, May 8, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Last weekend was full of granddaughter fun. They are now almost three and 15 months. We had them overnight on Friday and all day Saturday while daughter #2 ran a half triathlon. This was her first event and she did amazingly well. Her goal was to finish in two hours and she finished in 1 hour 21 minutes. Awesome!

The event was a long ways away so I wanted her DSH to go with her. This gave them some much needed adult/couple time and if something bad happened (I feared the worst during my "protective mothering" moments) he would be there for her. I hate swimming so I just KNEW she would run then bike then be exhausted and drown. :( Of course, she is a great swimmer and they swim first so they are fresh. Brilliant of the planners, I must say! I am quite proud of her.

The little people did not sleep much Friday night, therefore, neither did I. DSH slept just fine. Saturday was rainy which limited outdoor fun. We did go out once and got wet and muddy. Everyone was quite happy. I had to let the dogs out now and then and the youngest would try to get out too. I wouldn't let her out and she would be very upset. Repeat when dogs came back in.

We had an outing to the skilled nursing facility which was quite successful. We took the girls to visit Great Grandma. They all loved that. GGma got to hold both girls and the oldest gave her a kiss! The girls got to see the pet fish and birds. It was all quite exciting. They fell asleep in the car on the way home which messed up afternoon nap time. Two tired, cranky little girls all afternoon (three, if you count me!). We rested together for a bit but no one slept like they were supposed to. I finally resorted to TV at 4:00pm. There are some really stupid cartoons out there. I need to buy some kids DVD's.

Parents arrived about 5ish. We shared stories and then loaded up their car with kids and gear. They had a wonderful time and were very appreciative.

Note to self: start working out again, buy DVD's for kids, child proof home, babysit only during nice weather!! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda,

It sounds like you had some wonderful quality time with your grands. Times like that are to be cherished! They grow up so quickly.

Your daughter is courageous and industrious. I bet you are proud of her, and I'm sure glad nothing terrible happened to her.

You mentioned the long line at B&R in your previous post...they must have been giving away free dips. (or something).

Thank you for dropping by Apronstrings and wishing me a happy mother's day. It gave me the prompt I needed to check in on you and see what you are up to. Between my mending hubby, housework, the dogs and the garden I've been swamped and computer time is really sparse. I enjoyed my visit. Later, my friend.

oxo

Happy Mother's day to you!